Do you hear a loud grinding or whining noise when you engage your PTO? Or are you constantly having to replace a stripped PTO? Well thats because your doing it wrong! The Following are instructions for engaging the PTO on a Guzzler CL
Make sure that the parking break is ALWAYS engaged while the PTO is being engaged or disengaged.
- Push the clutch pedal all the way down and hold it in place.
- Make sure the transmission in neutral.
- While the clutch pedal is still pressed down, flip the PTO toggle switch to the “on” position. Depending on the Chassis type, The PTO switch is located on the dashboard above the transmission shift lever and is labeled “PTO”.
- THIS IS KEY! Keep the clutch pressed in for a few seconds after you have hit the PTO switch, allowing the gears to engage
- Slowly release the clutch pedal until you can hear the hydraulics engaging.
- The hydraulics are now engaged and can be operated from the control bank below the master control panel.
To disengage the hydraulics, perform the following:
- Slowly push the clutch pedal all the way down and hold it in place.
- Flip the PTO toggle switch to the “off” position. You should be able to hear the hydraulics disengaging and also the light on the switch will turn off. TAKE YOUR TIME!
- Slowly release the clutch pedal.Again, the most important thing when engaging the PTO is: TAKE YOUR TIME
Share this Post